Pumphouse Point, Lake St Clair Tasmania
Built in 1940 as a part of state’s hydro electricity scheme, pumphouse housed large water turbines for their hydropower system. It was constructed to pump water from lake St Clair into nearby St Clair lagoon where it would be stored and later fed to Tarraleah Power station as required. The site was decommissioned in the early nineties as facility was never used for its intended purpose.
Today Pumphouse is transformed into boutique hotel accomodation.